Five fun facts about Laura…
- When she tackles fiction, she likes to write about such fantastic creatures as ninja and pirates. This may or may not be due to a childhood obsession with The Princess Bride.
- She played the flute throughout middle school and high school, and even won a couple of scholarships to attend different band camps in the Midwest. Her hatred of blue clothing is, in fact, a product of one such camp’s bizarre dress code.
- She grew up in a suburb of Chicago, so if you have ever seen a John Hughes movie (especially Ferris Bueller’s Day Off), you can probably fill in the rest.
- In high school, she earned Varsity letters for two team sports: Badminton and Bowling. Lest you deride the level of sporting prowess required for such a feat, remember these two things: 1) Backyard badminton and competitive badminton are two very different beasts. 2) High school bowling teams don’t drink, but they do enjoy a good plate of cheese fries.
- She didn’t intend to obtain two different Bachelor’s degrees, but nevertheless she is the proud owner of both a Philosophy BA and a Creative Writing & English Literature degree. Do not ask her about her take on Plato’s Cave unless you are ready for a 90-minute lecture.